Until recently, BRIBURN was the Green Design Studio of Yarmouth Maine. Near the end of 2012 Christopher Briley and Harry Hepburn partnered to form a new company with increased architectural abilities and experience in a wider range of project types. For seven years, the Green Design Studio specialized in energy efficient, environmentally friendly design, and completed several high performance projects (including the first LEED Gold certified home in New England). Now, as BRIBURN, the commitment to sustainable design is even greater. We understand the many tasks required to create a successful project, we are thoughtful, innovative thinkers, often developing unique ideas specific to your projects needs. Currently BRIBURN is completing a passivhaus / net zero home in Saco, a sustainable Veterinary Clinic in Cumberland, a Net Zero home in Parsonsfield, as well as several other sustainable residential projects.
“architecture for life” is the creation of architecture that is timeless, environmentally friendly, beautiful, and long-lasting. Architecture that focuses on the experiences of the building’s occupants, enhancing their daily lives with natural daylight, excellent ventilation, and delightful spaces that engage their artful minds, architecture that is mindful of our finite resources and respectful of the natural environment. It is architecture that will stand the test of time by being very durable, simple to operate, economical to maintain, and beautiful.
Briburn is committed to creating innovative, energy efficient, green solutions for residential, commercial, Institutional and civic projects that artfully reflect our client’s needs and interests.
We Intend to:
- Create spaces that are energy efficient
- Design spaces that enhance the lives of our clients.
- Create architecture that is not based on fashion, but on the needs, desires, dreams, and feelings of our clients.
- Create buildings and spaces with soul.
- Design as if we all lived forever.
- Create spaces that are durable, and environmentally friendly.
- Design buildings that will not be a burden on its owners, but will be easy to maintain and economical to operate.
- Help our clients on their path to sustainability, by offering green options that make sense to us and to them.
Featured projects: "House on Pemaquid Pond"
Address: 28 Maple St, Suite 202, Portland, Maine, United States, 04101
Sloped roof and solar panels
See all photos in project: “House on Pemaquid Pond”
Photography: Trent Bel