We are a medium sized firm in a semi-rural area, the Upper Valley of the Connecticut river, and as such we consider ourselves general practitioners of architecture. We like to stay open to a wide variety of project types, and make our services available to a wide variety of clients. We make an effort to be flexible in the way we structure our services. It is a priority for our office to make high-quality design services available to a broad range of clients. In addition to standard full-services for new construction we offer a range of services for other kinds of projects.
- Pre-purchase Evaluation of Existing Properties: We welcome the opportunity to help our clients assess the architectural potential and development cost of existing buildings or undeveloped land.
- Renovations & Additions: We really enjoy being involved in renovation & addition projects. It is deeply gratifying to solve spatial puzzles and help bring about the functional and esthetic transformation of existing buildings. In keeping with our sustainable approach to design, we emphasize re-using existing space creatively rather than assuming that adding more space is the most effective solution.
- Sustainability: This is a core value for the firm. Rather than participating a in a specific program, such as LEED, we stay current with developments in building science. We focus on careful site-planning, highly efficient envelope and systems design, and use of local/green materials. Our approach is constantly evolving as we respond to new information, materials and technologies.
- Master Planning & Feasibility Studies
- Conditions Assessment & Energy Retrofits
- Accessibility Improvements & Code Review
- Historic Preservation & Historically Sensitive Design
- Small & Affordable Projects
- Kitchen & Bathroom Design
- Interior Design, Materials Selection & Color Palette
Featured projects: "Summer Lake House", "Vermont Lake House"
Address: 15 River Road, Norwich, Vermont, United States, 05055