Retro Down Under: Australian house has complex exterior construction with the addition of English retro styling
From the outside, this house exudes complexity and dynamism with volumes that overlap and overhang to create depth within the building. One of the best features of this house is the concrete patterned blocks that cover over one of the windows. These blocks are very retro in their appearance, as were often used in the 60’s as a concrete fencing around British homes. Located in Perth, Australia, this house was developed by Residential Attitudes and was created to meet the daily need of the family inhabiting the space. The architects managed to achieve the perfect balance of light and volume between the internal and external spaces. The interior of the house a cosy atmosphere, and has some really beautiful retro styled additions that carry the theme on from the exterior concrete patterned wall.
- Teetering on the Edge: Fantastic house sits on the edge of a rocky ledge that looks out at the sea
- Greek Revival: Reconstruction of old Greek Revival house now has modern and contemporary touches
- Advanced Modernism: Contemporary home has more than just style and structural design
- Personality is from Within: This farmhouse has an internal surprise!
- The Modernity of Manhattan: Apartment in New York has magnificent views and a gorgeously sumptuous interior
- Modern Mixtures: Contemporary house is Perth has great style with industrial overtones
- Geometric Meets Monochromatic: Modern home in Spain oozes contemporary styling
- Smell the Sea Air: Beach House that looks at the ocean, with wooden styling throughout and a modern touch of elegance
- Architecture in Aspen: Stunning multi-levelled home is a stones throw away from the ski slopes
- Colour Combo: Gorgeous house is Los Angeles has a whole range of different colour combinations