Bridging the Gap: Unusually structured house merges the gap between contemporary and industrial design
This unusual house is located in the countryside of Virginia, USA and has industrial design elements and a bridge-like structure. It has stunning views of the nearby valley and has a light scattering of trees around its grounds. The unique structure and design of the house can be credited to the architects and designers at McInturff Architects who have made a original and interesting building from modern materials and geometric volumes. Its suspended construction gives it another dimension of design, while the striking contrast of red and black façades give it a industrial appearance. Inside, a similar style continues with contrasting black and white interior elements and more traditionally styled wooden furniture, such as the rather large dining table and chairs.
General contractor: Opitz Construction
Photography by: Julia Heine.
- Former Mansion Restored in Modern Fashion
- Asymmetrical Allure: With a fantastic structure, this house is unique and spacious
- A Subtly Unique San Francisco Home
- Endless Lines: This house feels spacious and endless with the use of clever lines and furniture
- Energy Emitting: Modern house has contemporary styling with a sense of energy and light
- In The Midst of a Wood: Tower like structure has outstanding views of the surrounding woodland with a simple, yet functional interior
- Slim Style: Narrow house is a masterpiece of fine modern design
- Reconfiguration Renovation: Existing concrete home has been reorganised and expanded to accommodate a growing family
- Stunning in Singapore: Unusual home built in Singapore has open living areas that ooze modern and contemporary styling
- Step into the Clouds: Roof terrace is a beautiful space to sit and gaze at the passing clouds