Blocks in the Wood: Cuboid shaped house is modern and contemporary in construction and design
Hiding behind tall trees and verdant green vegetation, this hidden treasure has been transformed from a small mid-20th century house into a contemporary abode for a modern family. The project was managed by US company McInturff Architects who renovated the existing house and modernised the whole building to bring it up to date in both design and construction. The black exterior façades contrast wonderfully well with the colourful panels on the side of the house and give it a modern look and feel. The large open windows allow maximum light to penetrate throughout the house and give the interior a more open and spacious feel. The house has a stunning suspended balcony area, where family and friends and come together and enjoy a sunny day.
Location: Takoma Park, Maryland, United States
General Contractor: Added Dimensions
Photography: Julia Heine.
- Chalet on the Mountainside
- Charming Contrast: Gorgeous home contrasts wonderfully from the outside to the inside
- Fuse the Gap: Cotemporary home helps to bring the outside and inside together in unity
- French Delights: Gorgeous, Modern French house situated in front of a forest backdrop
- Energy Emitting: Modern house has contemporary styling with a sense of energy and light
- Extending Modernity: Stunning and sleek extension is a functional space for its owners
- Quaint House with a Dark Secret: Classically styled house has an unusual addition to its grounds
- Modern Cottage with Charm: Stunning home has modern styling with very beautiful eclectic overtones
- Woodland Glass and Wood Modern Home
- Advanced Modernism: Contemporary home has more than just style and structural design